The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow. ~Author Unknown

Friday, May 7, 2010

My Elephant Ears are Coming Up!

Not much has changed in the garden this week, just things are-a-growing!  I love the feeling of anticipation I get after I plant something.  Watching every day, waiting for that first sign of growth!  My elephant ears and caladium that I planted in the big purple pots poked through yesterday.  I can't wait for them to get huge and for my porch to have that lush tropical look.  A lot more of my glads starting coming up too, probably 8 or 9 of the 50 I planted are poking through.  I can't wait for those to be in bloom, I know it will be impressive!

 Elephant Ear

 The same Hosta I posted a pic of last week!  Growing fast!  (see the cat print in the upper right hand corner?  Kitty cats stay outta my beds!

Same Glad that I posted last week!
The fescue is still chugging along.  I bought a new sprinkler yesterday and I have really been soaking it.  There are sprouts coming up now in the places where it didn't seem like the seed had taken.  Hopefully with a little luck and love it will all come up and be b-e-a-u-tiful!  I also started watering our front lawn because it just looks so dead.  Come to find out, Kasey's cousin Jared, when he sprayed our lawn, mixed a WAY stronger solution than recommended.  Our poor grass, I hope it comes back to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment