The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow. ~Author Unknown

Monday, June 7, 2010

Well it has been awhile since my last post!  I just have had so many things going on lately!  We just found out that we are having a baby girl and now I feel like it's a race to get everything done before she gets here!  In the mean time though, my garden has been a-growing!

Here are my show stopping elephant ears!  One pot has less shoots and larger ears, and one pot has more shoots, smaller leaves.  I don't know why, same bulbs from Wal-Mart!






















Here's a pic of my hand with the leaf so you can see how big they are!
Here's one of a bloom on a caladium.  I had no                           Row of alternating red then white verigated
idea they bloomed and it looks like a little peace                          caladiaum.
lily bloom to me.






















This is a photo of one of the black magic elephant ears my mom gave me.  They are supposed to get 5' tall and 5' wide.  For some reason I don't think that's going to happen; they just seem so frail....


Watering my cluster of Glads....I can't wait till they start blooming! :)

This I am not too happy about....something                                  And finally!!!  My first canna is poking
is eating my poor Zinnias...I hope they make it!                            through!  I can't believe it!  I thought they
                                                                                                                             weren't going to come up!   






















Our fescue is struggling.  After Memorial Day weekend, it really took a hit because I was out of town and couldn't water and the searing heat, ughh!  We've got some yellow patches.  We still have bare patches as well.  I don't know how it will end up turning out!  Well, that's all for now.  This blog entry was a nice break from my researching of organic crib mattresses.  I think my head was about to explode!

No comments:

Post a Comment